Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Wheeler Middle School Graduation

Cael came home from school feeling frustrated— he was asked to give a talk for the graduation and wasn’t happy about it. I suppose he didn’t like the idea of giving a speech in front of all of his classmates and their parents-  and of course by procrastinating the job he only escalated his anxiety and frustrations.
After what felt like weeks of coaxing and encouraging (I even wrote my version of a graduation talk :) Cael came up with his own thoughts and ideas, as well as some jokes, to make a nice little 5 minute speech as the valedictorian for his class. 
We were pretty excited to hear the final presentation- but there was a problem. The sound system required whoever was talking to the microphone to speak clearly and loudly right into the microphone... and Cael was not doing that! And a few uncomfortable moments I finally yelled from the back where I was sitting “We can’t hear you!”... Cael didn’t miss a beat... “oh, what? Let me start over then...” and he sounded much better that second time around.









No comments: