Sunday, April 29, 2018

Reflection

I had a minute to look over the pictures and entries I have made over the last little while. I realize that while my phone was being difficult with adding text, the pictures I added helped to keep track of the progress and adventures that my family has had- they truly are a treasure! Just to see the changes my children have had since we have landed in Hawaii is amazing to me. I also realize that this online journal makes the most sense for me, even though it means sitting in front of a computer and trying to sound coherent as a writer, it is something I need to do! I also see the benefit of writing in pen and paper in my "other journal" but without the pictures, I find that there isn't as much depth to the stories... so which one do I do? The struggle is real! I just have to say that I will do my best with both- just knowing that this format will be my family journal and adventure tracker.

*I also realize that quite some times has passed from many of the updates and stories that I need to add so just as reminder that they may not be the best composition that has ever been created. I will try to remember the events and reasons, but obviously they will not be as in depth as if I had written then immediately after the experience.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I am so happy that I had my blog during our time in Germany. It is so fun to look back and see our adventures and all the things we did and the people we met. I agree that keeping a "blog journal" is fun because of the added pictures, it makes it so much more fun to read. I love checking in and seeing how you guys are doing...miss you my friend!