Monday, November 5, 2007

HEY HALLOWEEN!



OH the joys of Halloween!

We pulled out the pumpkin to be carved this past month and this was just a classic "hey let me set the timer and see what happens". Well as you can clearly see, the photo took before any of us were ready., except for Cael-- he looks pretty ready to me.

I need to explain that Cael needs to take his afternoon nap or else we all suffer. So late afternoon on Halloween, I easily put Cael in his bed for a "power nap" so that we will all have FUN FUN FUN later that night. Well, he is sleeping soundly when we suddenly need to leave, so he is not feeling too excited about trick-or-treating and leaving his nice warm bed. In the midst of crying and not cooperating with the latest costume choice, we finally got him out the door (with tears still in his eyes) for a photo before we leave for the night. It will be a memory that stay with him FOREVER! Halloween is fun, quit your cryin'!


The PLATT (boy) PIRATES!

I, on the other hand, was totally excited to dress up this year in this lovely Thrift Town find. You won't believe me if I told you, but the dress and shoes fit like they were made for me, it was amazing! You gotta love the yellow! Also, I think I went through an entire can of hairspray to get my bangs and pony to cooperate accordingly. It could be bigger, I know, but we were in a hurry!
WHAT DO YOU DO WITH A SCURVY PIRATE?!
Brecon was a good sport to have eyebrows drawn on his cute little face, and that pirate bandana really covers up his head nicely. And are you checkin' out the chest hair? oh my!
Halloween was sure fun!

10 comments:

Kyle and Lacey said...

Becky, you are too funny! I laughed at your, "Halloween is fun--quit your cryin'!" I could just hear you say that! I love your costumes. Ben made me laugh. The boys are so cute, and you make thrift look happenin', girl! (And in my opinion, the hair can never be too high, right?)

Lauren said...

Becky! Those pictures were so cute! I love your outfit, too. Can you send it to me? I probably wouldn't fit into it because you are SO SKINNY for having 2 boys. Your family is adorable.

alliehoopes said...

Why are all these people saying it's cute...I'm scared!!! You guys are too good at this :)

The M's said...

ARrrrrgh you scurvy dogs & 80's Dream! We love your costumes & your blog!

Jess said...

Great, the scurvy pirate song is going to be in my head again..... Fabulous costumes I have to say. I'm not surprised that the pirate theme ruled. What were you? 80's girl, or a pirate hostage? :)

Anonymous said...

80's R forever baby!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

K - Luv the thrift girl for Halloween...also luv the "is the timer on, everybody look here" pic...classic! Looks like you guys are doing great...your boys are adorable! Luv Cami

Cynthia said...

Becky - That's so fun. I love reading your page - It makes you all not seem so far away. This last weekend, a lot of the family was together and a bunch of us sat down and read a lot of your blogs. It was fun and it felt like you and your family were part of the events. I've got to get our Halloween pictures up. By the way, if you click onto your link to our page after you're already signed up for your own page, you should be able to make comments easily on our page. Try it and see - Let me know if it doesn't work. We love you.

Rickey said...

So what exactly were you?

Necha said...

I bet Ben did his "Well I'm a pirate you know" joke...didn't he! You guys looked too cute!! I especially loved your 80's look! You're bringin' sexy back!!