Friday, November 4, 2011

VENICE, ITALY

When our cruise landed for the last time back in Venice we had a hard time deciding whether we would swing over and check out St. Mark's Square, or try to get home early. After a wrong turn took us directly toward the last stop where it is very easy to get onto the water taxi's for the Grand Canal, I knew we couldn't turn back. This really was a FAST trip in and out. Lots of pictures, no museums or lines, but I think our little sampling was good to show my mother and not too hard on the boys. Plus we found some really cute souveniors while we were at it. I am especially fond of my new charm bracelet with two Murano glass beads and a little gondola to remind me of the sights here in Venice. The sad news was the gelato stands nearby where all closed up for the winter, thankfully the boys were not too upset about it.



 I told Cael and Brecon to "roar" like a lion. They did not disappoint with their sounds!









AND... we left just as quick as we came. Thankfully the boys were tuckered out and slept the first part of the drive home, a quick dinner and gas for the car and we made it back to pick up baby Connor from his stay at a good friends house. He was already asleep, Cael and Brecon were so excited to see their baby brother again that they couldn't help hugging on him and kissing him right from the moment they saw him again. The following morning was filled with hugs and giggles from the boys, wrestling and laughing with one another. Such a sweet reunion for those boys to have together.

1 comment:

The Ortiz Family said...

It has always been my dream to go to Venice, I actually told my children that when they both go to their missions, Pepe and I will move there for a year to live and enjoy life. Of course they both wanted me to wait for them to go with us. I love that you let me live a little of that dream through you today.