Monday, September 30, 2013

Our Angel Aunt Kailee






My brothers wife Kailee passed away Sept 26. She was 38 years old. We got information about what was going on when she was admitted to the hospital a month prior, but it didn't seem real. She was on life support for two weeks, medications and other treatments were given to her but her body was shutting down. We were visiting family in August and we had no idea how sick she was. The last thing I said after hugging her goodbye was "We'll see you in New York... when you come to visit us."

I never got to spend a lot of time with Kailee. We always lived so far away. She still would send us little gifts in the mail, even when she didn't have to. When we would come home to visit during family reunions she would want to hold one of my little babies-- she loved babies. She would go on about their beautiful blond hair and blue eyes... I just loved that about her. She really jumped right into our family with her whole self, in no time at all she knew all the cousins, aunts and uncles, Grandmas and Grandpas. Kailee and Ryan would drive up to visit Great Grandma Hoopes and travel to family events from Boise down to Las Vegas. She would get everyone something for Christmas... even after one year when we specifically told everyone that we understood that finances were tight and we didn't want anyone to feel like they had to buy a gifts for the extended family. She wrapped up little gifts for everyone anyway! I love that she did that. My brother told me that whenever they drove through Evanston on their way to Star Valley she just had to drop something off at my other brothers home for their two children. She loved giving, even if it was only a small thing... it was special. When we sang "Because I Have Been Given Much" as the opening songs for her funeral I couldn't even sing the words and not think about her. I could not sing at all. My heart was sad about everything. For my brother, for their family, for their children.... I cry and my heart hurts for them.

I am going to miss Kailee.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I'm sorry for this loss in your family, I know how hard it is to loose someone we love. I'm glad you have such great memories of her and her generosity.