Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Day in the City

My friend Miranda invited  Jana and I to go to the city on Saturday morning and I was excited. This was going to be my first trip to the city with just the "girls" and I knew we were up for a treat. First stop the LDS Manhattan Temple and feeling peace and quiet. It just feels so wonderful to be there.
 We then started to walk across Central park to get lunch, but first we stopped at Dylan's Candy Shop. I felt like I was getting a sugar rush just breathing the air inside that store. There was so much candy, chocolate, gummies,  and other sweet stuff- I didn't know where to start. We browsed around and I helped scoop some peach gummies for Miranda. I grabbed some colorful lollipops for my kiddos and then we walked over to SEREDIPITY- you know? like the movie? only this is the restaurant that is just fun with the décor and menus and food.
 Mirada shows just how big these menus are-- Look at the size of that thing!

 Here is our very large FROZEN Hot CHOCOLATE. It was so delicious, creamy, hot and cold- combined. Miranda had her own but Jana and I shared one. It was pretty massive and so good.

THE METROPOLITAN MUSEUEM OF ART
"THE MET"
We then walked through the snowy and windy streets farther up and away to THE MET. We wandered and admired many famous artists and their pieces. I was impressed with Monet and Van Gogh of course, and all the other European artists that were in the museum. There is so much paint, the texture is so thick and the movement is incredible. It was also amazing to walk through the paintings without worrying about my kids, or trying to keep them entertained, or my back hurting because I am carrying a sleeping child through the massive hallways or art. I really enjoyed this particular part of our day out!




 Walking back to our car was pretty cold. The wind and snow was blowing right in our faces and we had almost 1 1/2 mile to go. Somehow we made it to our vehicle while still having a great and funny conversation as we went. Needless to say we were all exhausted after our busy day in the city.
The kids were pretty excited to see their treat when I arrived home as well. These really were so messy, next time I will remember to get the smaller lollipops.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I am so super happy you got a girls day out on the town. I wish I could have been a part of your group...that hot/cold chocolate looked divine!!!