Tuesday, January 14, 2014

NO SCHOOL= FUN DAY

Ben had taken three days off and on Tuesday we got a phone message telling us that the elementary school was closed for the day because they were having issues with the heating units. Interesting, but we loved having the chance to spend the whole day together. First we had lunch at IKEA, kids eat free on Tuesdays. Then Ben and I walked around the store with Brielle while the boys spent an hour in the play land. Walking into the store Brecon says "I love this store. I love this place." I actually am glad that he has good feelings about going to IKEA. It just makes it that much easier when we go there.
 
We then stopped over to spend a couple of hours at the famous Chuck E. Cheese's for games and fun. The boys are given a few coins and they walk around the whole room before they spend their money-- Just kidding! They have been known to blow through a whole load on one game! Brielle even got the hang of putting the coin into the slot for the games, she loved the huge rocking horse ride. Brecon was so nice and even put Brielle on a few small rides and paid for it with his own money. It was so good for him to share, I loved watching him take care of his sister.












I love the whole family shot! Especially because Brielle is picking her nose! It's getting harder to fit all of us in that little photo booth!

It was here that we decided to keep the party rolling. This was a special day after all! So we drove to the Palisades Mall, a humungous shopping center/restaurants/ and IMAX theater inside-- to eat buffalo wings and watch the new Disney Movie "Frozen". Brielle was pretty good for the first part when we had popcorn to keep her occupied, then she got the walking bug. Ben had to take Brecon and Connor to the bathroom at different times. I thought the movie was fun to watch and the music even more so to listen to! I can see myself singing my loudest while I clean the house-- or something like that :) Cael got the biggest kick out of the snowman Olaf's summertime song. He was laughing so hard from the lyrics and actions.



So we had a great day! Thanks to the crazy heat not working at school and Ben having the day off, we partied and didn't get home until past 10 that night.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I love the nose picking shot...priceless! We went to see Frozen today (for the second time...my BOYS actually requested to go see it again...they Never do that!)

Those songs are so addicting. I had to download a few onto my phone so I could belt the lyrics while I'm driving around town. Julian doesn't mind when I sing like a crazy woman but, oh man, I sure embarrass my almost 10 year old boys by singing. Just one of the joys of being a mom, you get to embarrass your kids:)