Friday, February 21, 2014

Stake Dinner and Dance

Ben and I had a fabulous time at the Stake Dinner and Dance tonight. It was fun to spend time together and with our good friends from our West Point Branch. Dinner was delicious, creamy chicken, potatoes, green beans, and homemade rolls. I was amazed that all that food was prepared by pretty much one lady who was trying to do everything herself. I found out on Wednesday and offered to help on Friday to decorate and set up for the night. It felt like I was back in the Activities Coordinator calling back in Texas. I couldn't believe how full both of our vehicles were of food and decorations driving to the church house. Connor was helpful placing the silverware on each of the tables at the very end and we finished our job before leaving to pick up kids from school.



 Ben was so funny during dinner and then we got the party started on the dance floor. I don't think people were laughing at my amazing dance moves, but they were impressed! Later someone told me I was their favorite one to watch. Obviously because I am so good! It was fun to relive those good dancing days back in college. One time during a mid-beat song Ben commented that I was moving like Jar-Jar-Binks-- I was just moving with the beat and bobbing along a little bit. I was laughing so hard when he said that. Then I could totally picture myself and what that must look like. I laughed even harder.







No comments: