Thursday, October 1, 2015

Army fight song Brecon's class

We were invited to spend the morning in Brecons second grade classroom. His class would be performing on the morning news broadcast and we watched them sing the Army fight song on the television. Families are asked to bring in a breakfast item to share and I made a tater tot casserole. I was a little nervous because I never tried have the recipe before – not exactly a good idea – but I did it anyway. I don't usually make a hot breakfast item or normal school days, so it made the morning a little more hectic. At first no one tried it, especially the kids, but before I left all of it was gone and most of the moms asked for the recipe.
Brecon was so cute getting ready to sing the song that morning – and while watching the performance I especially loved a little girl with a pom-pom shaking it to the beat. Of course when they got back Brecon was proud to hold his little brother and show him to his friends in class. The Army breakfast was a big hit!

No comments: