Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day


My friend told me what they were doing for the holiday and I asked if I could tag along. Ben was gone- but I wanted to make sure I did something fun with the boys... and their plans sounded like just the ticket. A trip to FREDERICKSBURG to pick peaches and go on an adventure.

The trip started off a little rocky, I had forgotten my purse with my cell phone tucked safely inside. A quick turn around, meeting up at a parking lot... THEN we were on our way! The boys all traveled very well, it's not like it is a 5 hour drive or anything :)

The farm was quite busy, the peaches were hard, and it was very humid... but Cael and Brecon were lovin' it! I couldn't stop them from plucking the peaches from the tree limbs, whether they were ripe or not. It was also a good thing that I "tagged" along because I had extra adults/arms to carry our boxes or help push a stroller... THANK YOU AGAIN for helping ME and the BOYS!!!

We stopped by DAS PEACH HAUS an adorable little shop with samples of dips, syrups, honey, etc ....OR as a mother with little children sees it :breakables, bottles that can spill, lots of places to explore (but not in a good way...) It was somewhat chaotic with the boys, but we managed to order homemade peach icecream and cobbler ala mode (drizzeled with peach honey)... IT WAS HEAVENLY!!! I don't think I have enjoyed a sweet treat -so much -in a long time. I also think because we had not had lunch, it made the yummy dessert even sweeter.


Just in back of the shop sat an adorable little fish pond with a perfectly placed swing. The big boys explored while Connor enjoyed his lunch. It was quite comfortable in the shade, and the gentle motion made for a relaxing afternoon break.
I will have to say the driving home was a little harder than driving up.... the sugar rush had come and gone and we were left with a recipe for NAP time. Don't worry, we made it home safely, most of us took naps, and then we ended the day with a trip to the pool.

No comments: