Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Packing UP and Shipping OUT

Our LAST family shot in TEXAS
The kitchen boxed up (top) and garage (bottom) It is such a strange feeling to have all of your belongings packed up in brown paper, tightened down with packing tape.... and watching it all happen very quickly. Ben and I were both amazed at how fast the packers could move. There was no hesitation... just very quick movements and lots of packing paper! Until this point I know I felt like I really wasn't leaving. I was excited for our new adventure but also I was very comfortable in my little part of the world. I think for this reason I had left packing our suitcases for the very last minute (for that reason I also forgot some very useful items) you could probably say I was in moving denial. I even told my friends not to tell me "goodbye" but instead "have a good vacation" because just thinking about leaving would make me start to get tears in my eyes, and when that happens I am minutes away from becoming red-eyed and snot-nosed- and that just isn't a pretty sight.
BUT... ready or not... we were leaving this place we had called home for the last 4 years, and what a good time it was....

  • multiple trips to Sea World, the zoo, and SIX Flags
  • exploring caverns and caves
  • the ALAMO and River walk
  • Poteet Strawberry Festival
  • home renovation and painting
  • attempting a garden and laying sod
  • swimming in our community pool
  • watching Cael ride his bike at 2 1/2 without training wheels
  • barely making the drive to the hospital when Brecon was born
  • babysitting swaps... ya gotta love 'em!
  • visiting Ben at work
  • tennis with friends (all year round if we wanted)
  • volleyball nights at the church
  • ugly Christmas sweater party and...
  • last minute bar-b-q's and parties at our house
  • girls night out and midnight movies
  • our Halloween baby Connor
this list will go on and on... and I will probably add more.
Needless to say we LOVED our time here in Texas.

No comments: