Friday, April 22, 2011

DAY 4 CHATEAU de VERSAILLE

Our Saturday morning began by going to a street market and searching for treasure, bargaining for a good price, and eating some more crepes and a cool slushy. I was not very successful at finding very much, but came away with a very uncomfortable pair of flats that would work for my sunday shoes (I only brought my tennis shoes and didn't think they would look very nice with my dress). We bought another train ticket and made our way to Versaille to explore the gardens and see "ALL the GLORY of FRANCE"...






 *Just moments before these two had become seperated from the group while we were purchasing our entrance tickets. There were people everywhere and when I realized they were not with everyone else, I began heading out into the crowd. It was within seconds that I saw them both walking towards me, holding each other with very scared looks on their faces. Cael told me that he was following the Blackhams' Dad (who had all the kids in the shade while we were waiting in line) as they got up to leave and were heading toward the ticket counter He looked back to see that Brecon was not behind him. He turned around and went to get his brother. Brecon had been distracted when the group got up to leave and when he noticed they were gone he started walking straight into the crowd instead of turning toward where we were. When Cael caught up to him, they called out for Brother Blackham and began walking the right way. This is when I spotted them. I don't think there was enough time for me to panic, but I am so relieved for the way this event turned out, instead of what could have happened... this probably wasn't the best way to start out our stroll through the gardens, but we are very thankful the boys were found safely.




BRECON- WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?





 AND THE RAIN CAME TUMBLING DOWN.... When we started making the walk back out to the main gate a grey cloud covered the entire sky and we began to feel a few drops of rain. By the time we had made it into the main square we were caught in a rainstorm, and we still had a bit of a walk to the train station. We covered up the sleeping babies and went as fast as we could go, completely wet by the time we made it to the now packed gate. After quickly squeezing what water we could out of the wet blankets, squeezing the strollers through the doorway, we thankfully all found seats and enjoyed the ride back into town.


Watch out! Two wet crazies ladies- comin' through!

No comments: