Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring Break- DAY 2

 I have to say that this was one of my favorite days during the whole vacation. The weather was beautiful, and the area was amazing. We started the morning at the Zaanse Schans open air museum which had everything you would ever want to see about how the windmills work, wooden clogs, cheese and pancakes. We didn't quite make it to the cheese building (sad I know) but this was a place I would love to go back to again and again. 

We had grabbed some food for our picnic lunch before we crossed into the Netherlands, as well as some chocolate croissants for breakfast. By the time we made it to our first stop I was feeling very hungry and all I could think about was the "Pancake house" at Zaanse Schans.... but when we got there and saw the outrageous price for a thin plate sized serving, it was too late! We needed to eat- and fast. Add into here a potty break, a crazy bird that wanted to eat our food, and the boys climbing into an oversized wooden clog and you have yourself a beautiful morning. 
 









I don't know which ones I like better- huge oversized yellow, or bright pink?
 Some of these were painted so beautifully I couldn't imagine wearing them at all. A nice photo will do.


It was about 2:00 in the afternoon when we arrived to the Keukenhof Gardens (photos below). I really don't have the vocabulary to express how gorgeous this place really is. It is heavenly! The smells, the colors... spectacular! And tulips sure make beautiful backgrounds too!








I think the next time I go we will actually spend the entire day just here....

No comments: